Balance is a little checkbooking app I made because I like to do things old school, and I also like to keep things simple. It is a Cordova app based on a custom mobile HTML framework I had created in 2013.
It’s available for iOS only, with future plans for Android.
You can expect a future version with one or more of the following, based on user suggestions or author testing.
- An updated layout and refreshed look*
- Track cleared transactions*
- Lockout screen with passcode*
- Touch ID for lockout screen*
- That lockout screen with passcode being optional*
- iPad version with split-screen support*
- Optimization of data for better loading
Do you use the app and would you like to help out? Please fill out this survey! I promise it’s short, and the “tester” opportunity is completely optional. Don’t want to? Don’t fill in your name, or your email!
Note: * denotes a user-suggested improvement
Here’s a couple of fun little things I did:
- I removed a silly dance party reference left in during development and testing.
- I fixed an issue where transactions were not updating the balance correctly (thanks, Tom).
- I shortened the transactions screens, so that people who still have an iPhone 5/5s or users of the hot new iPhone SE aren’t desperately stuck. (yes, I got the iPhone SE, and it bothered me more than this app on the iPhone 4 compared to the iPhone 5.)
- If you use the long-press to clear transactions from the main screen, it now animates instead of vanishes without any feedback.
- Updated help on that new Backup screen, and gave you a way to view the backups within the app.
The app now has a “Backup and Restore” feature to replace the CSV email feature. (bug fix for Laura)
- Added ability to export CSV (suggested by Chad)
- Fixed layout issue affecting iOS versions having three numbers in them.
- Added delete button (suggested by Penny)
- Fixed issue where Notes could not be added
If you have any suggestions or whatever about the app, please let me know.