Yesterday I had the bright idea of making hot dogs, but using my deep fryer to do so. A few things to note:
- This certainly cannot be healthy for me
- It’s so quick to cook! After heating up the oil, I dropped all eight of these Ballpark Bun-sized Beef Franks into the basket, I dropped them in. About two minutes later I thought to check on them, and they were already fully cooked!
- The one downside to deep frying the hot dogs (as if there is not more than one) is that I had to wait like five minutes to eat them.
- After taking them out of the deep fryer, I hung the basket along the side to let the oil drip off
- After a few minutes I still had to put them on a plate with a paper towel
- They taste a lot better than if I just threw them into a pot and boiled them.
I may do this again. I threw all eight into the fryer, and wrapped up the leftovers. If they’re still good a day later then, and I don’t care about my health, This is definitely my new way of making hot dogs at home.