Official Contest Rules
The Contest runs Sunday May 1, 2011 through Tuesday May 31, 2011
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by Jason Vertucio (“Sponsor”). The Contest begins on Sunday May 1, 2011 at 6AM and ends at 10:35 PM on May 31, 2011 (“Contest Period”). Jason Vertucio reserves the right to alter the rules without notice.
2. Eligibility: Only one (1) entry per person and one (1) prize per household for the Contest. The winner must be legal US residents at least 18-years-old as determined by Sponsor and reside in the county of Bucks, Berks, Montgomery, or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Winners are subject to a verification process to include winner’s name, address, home/work/cell phone number, and Twitter User Account. The winner must already be following @jayv. If a winner is disqualified or otherwise unqualified from the Prize, Jason Vertucio reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Employees of Jason Vertucio, the Contest’s participating sponsor and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. How to Enter. During the Contest Period, visitors will be asked to call a phone number within a certain time frame, to be announced at the time of the blog entry. The call must fall within the specified time as recorded by the voicemail system on Google’s servers. Google, while not a Sponsor of the Contest, will be used to mark the Official Time. All entries become the property of WREG and will not be returned.
The prize for each winner will be a $10 iTunes Gift Card which will be awarded to the educator designated by the winner. The winner must immediately provide their name, home town/city, and Twitter user name or be disqualified.
4. Notification. The winner will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter. If the winner does not follow @jayv at the time of notification, the winner is immediately disqualified. Upon verification, if the winner was not following @jayv at the time of the phone call.
5. Prize(s). The prizes are awarded to readers of jasonvertucio.com. The prize for each winner will be a $10 iTunes Gift Card which will be awarded to the first qualified caller. Additionally, the winner will be awarded one entry in the grand prize drawing. The Grand Prize has yet to be determined, but will be at least $20 and not exceed $100 in value. A random drawing from among all grand prize finalists will take place at 6PM on Wednesday June 1, 2011 by Jason Vertucio. The grand prize finalists must be present to win.
Jason Vertucio reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Winners will be awarded the prize either electronically or via U.S. Mail at their discretion, and will be sent within 1 week of winning. The Sponsor disclaims responsibility for lost or misdirected mail and is under no obligation to replace any prize not received. Prized may be picked up in person.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. Jason Vertucio disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond his control, or otherwise. Jason Vertucio disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Jason Vertucio is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Valid identification as determined by Sponsor’s own discretion is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 12PM on June 14, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Jason Vertucio will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Jason Vertucio if Jason Vertucio reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
10. Release; Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Jason Vertucio, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Jason Vertucio. By accepting a prize, winner consents to use of name, state of residence and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Contest, without limitation and without additional compensation worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
11. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
12. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Jason Vertucio. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Jason Vertucio are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
13. Miscellaneous: Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Jason Vertucio’s release form to claim the prize. Jason Vertucio may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time without notice. Jason Vertucio disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
14. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Jason Vertucio shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
Updated April 16, 2011 at 1:15PM